There are many benefits to taking kratom. It can help you relax and destress, provide an energy boost, and may support improved cognitive function. Taking kratom may help you feel an overall sense of balance and well-being; however, the effects will depend on how much kratom you take.
While there’s no “one-dose-fits-all” when it comes to kratom consumption, factors like frequency of usage and potency of the strain play a role in recommended dosage amounts. The following is a guide to help you determine the right amount of kratom for your specific goals:
Determining the Best Kratom Powder Dosage
There’s no exact amount of kratom you should take to feel effects. You may require more or less depending on what time of day you take it, and it impacts everyone differently. Additionally, you can build up a tolerance to it, so frequent kratom users may require more than someone who is new to taking it to feel effects. This dosage guide will give you a general idea of the amount of kratom you should take.
- Low Dose – 2 grams: As a general rule of thumb, if you’re taking kratom on an empty stomach, you should keep the dosage low, as the effects will be more substantial. If you’re taking a more potent strain (like maeng da kratom strains), start with a low dose, wait 20 to 30 minutes, and if you still do not feel the effects, take a bit more.
- Mild Dose – 2 to 4 grams: Keep in mind that some kratom will affect you differently at high doses than at low doses, so moderate amounts are typically favored to ensure desired effects.
- High Dose – 4 to 8 grams: High doses can have pain-relieving and sometimes even euphoric effects; however, you may feel adverse side effects. It’s always best to start with a lower dose and gradually take more until you achieve the desired results.
- Average Powdered Leaf
- 0.08 Tablespoons = 1 gram
- 3.5 Tablespoons = 50 grams
- 7 Tablespoons = 100 grams
- Crushed Leaf
- 1 Tablespoon = 2.7 grams
- 1 Teaspoon = 0.9 grams
- Bali Powder
- 1 Tablespoon = 6.2 grams
- 1 Teaspoon = 2.3 grams
- Maeng Da Powder
- 1 Tablespoon = 7 grams
- 1 Teaspoon = 2.6 grams
- Green Malay Powder
- 1 Tablespoon = 6.9 grams
- 1 Teaspoon = 2.4 grams
How Long Does It Take for Kratom to Kick In?
The effects of kratom can usually be felt within 20 to 40 minutes; however, several factors can affect how fast it is absorbed.
- Meals: If you have an empty stomach, you’ll absorb kratom faster, but it may cause an upset stomach. For the best results, take kratom an hour before a meal or an hour after.
- Tolerance: If you’re a frequent kratom user, it may take longer – and a higher amount – for you to feel the effects.
- Hydration: The amount of water you take with kratom will impact absorption. Too little water will make you feel dehydrated, but too much water can weaken effects.
How Much Kratom Is Too Much?
Taking too much kratom can leave you with some uncomfortable side effects that you have to wait out. Because kratom affects people differently, what’s too much for one person may be sufficient for someone else. As a general rule, you should never take more than 15 grams a day to avoid adverse side effects.
Kratom has many benefits. It can help you feel calm and at ease and help relieve pain and give you an energy boost. To achieve the best results, it’s important to determine the correct amount for your specific needs, and not take too much. When taking kratom, always start with a small dose and gradually work your way up until your desired effects are achieved.